Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Creamed Eggs- A Phillips Family Tradition!

Serves about 4. Perfect for our small family of 3!

6 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
3-4 c. milk
salt to taste
pepper to taste
paprika to taste
parsley to taste

Melt butter in pan. Once melted, add flour to make roux. Wisk in about 1 c. milk. Continue to wisk in milk slowly as it thickens. Add seasoning to taste.
Boil eggs for 10-15 mins. (I do close to 10 mins. because I like mine to be more soft-boiled). Chop eggs and add to white sauce. Serve over toast!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I have memories of this meal as a little girl. I totally forgot about it and was excited to try it when I saw you had posted the recipe. We had it for breakfast today. Thanks for the happy reminder and recipe! Simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete